With the advent of the latest surgical techniques and equipment, in addition to, the evolution of anesthetic drugs suitable for the ambulatory environment, there has been a recent trend towards Office Based Anesthesia (OBA). As of 2005 nearly 25% of all elective procedures, were performed in the office setting. Some of the many advantages of OBA include:
- Lower cost
- Increased patient privacy
- Patient and physician convenience
- Ease of scheduling
- Increased physician efficiency
- Increased physician collections
- Physicians can capture both the current physician professional component and a facility component that may be equal to the National CMS Ambulatory Surgery Center fee
- Decreased nosocomial infection
- Consistency in nursing personnel
Assess Your Needs
Starlight Anesthesia can offer safe, reliable, and flexible staffing solutions for OBA. Set up a risk free consultation for us to visit your facility to assess your equipment and medical needs. As your anesthesia provider, we take a partnership role in establishing a system in your practice that reduces risk, eliminates inefficiencies and optimizes patient flow.
- AHA. Trends affecting hospitals and health systems May 2005. AHA TrendWatch ChartBook 2005. Available at: www.aha.org/ahapolicyforum/trendwatch/content/CB0Chapter3.PPT. (Accessed May 3, 2015)
- Byrd HS, Barton FE, Orenstein HH, et al: Safety and efficacy in an accredited outpatient plastic surgery facility: A review of 5316 consecutive cases. Plast Reconstr Surg 2003; 112(2): 636-641.